To further improve the training of highly qualified specialists in information and communication technologies at international standards, as well as to promote cooperation with leading foreign universities, on March 24, 2014 the President of Uzbekistan signed a Resolution "On establishment of Inha University in Tashkent".
According to the Resolution, the main areas of activities of Tashkent Inha University are as follows:
• training of highly qualified specialists at international standards in information and communication technologies, primarily in software development, management of information systems and computer networks;
• introduction to the Uzbek higher education system of advanced foreign experience on the basis of modern educational technologies; promotion of healthy competition and open information-educational environment;
• fostering creation of a system of continuous education and training in ICT, establishment of close interaction between research and educational institutions, software producers, manufacturing companies, industries and infrastructure and other users of modern IT;
• creation of targeted educational programs at international standards in order to ensure training of qualified specialists in ICT with regard to the specific needs of the real sector of the economy.
It was established that:
• Tashkent Inha University to be the resident-university in Uzbekistan in the form of a legal entity, to possess property, have its own balance and to be liable for its obligations, funds and property;
• academic training and management of the educational process to be provided by Inha University (South Korea ) on the basis of signed agreements, with the use of advanced educational and information technologies;
• academic training to be in English as full-time education in accordance with the curricula and programs of Inha University (South Korea), subject to the requirements of state educational standards of Uzbekistan;
• University graduates are to be issued diploma of Inha University (South Korea), recognized in the Republic of Uzbekistan;
• admission of students and certification of graduates of the University are to be carried out in accordance with the procedures established by Inha University (South Korea), in coordination with the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of Uzbekistan.
The Resolution has approved the Board of Trustees and the Interdepartmental Commission for establishment of Tashkent Inha University.
Also the main education and training programs (specialties) of Tashkent Inha University have been identified, namely, computer engineering, software engineering and engineering of computer networks.
The State Committee for communication, information and telecommunication technologies, the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of Uzbekistan and other interested organizations are instructed to ensure the approval of the constituent documents, as well as state registration of Tashkent Inha University.
First students to Tashkent Inha University are to be admitted in 2014/2015 academic year from October 1 this year.
Inha University (South Korea) was founded in 1954, currently it has 20 thousand students in various specialties, including ICT. According to Joong Ang Ilbo the university is among the top five universities in engineering and IT in South Korea, reports the Information Service of the State Committee for communication, information and telecommunication technologies of Uzbekistan.